Friday, January 6, 2012

Hitch, Romantic Comedies, Ice Cream

Hitch, USA 2005

I've tried to keep it secret for most of my life, but I do love romantic comedies. Hitch isn't the typical rom-com in that it seems to be targeted at a male audience. I think women will like this movie too. If you don't find yourself smiling during the first five minutes of this film you have no soul. This is movie is pure fantasy, but the hopeless romantic in all of us wants it to be true. Its the story of Albert the clumsy schlub, played by Kevin James, and his attempts to woo an heiress. Hitch, played by will smith, is a private consultant who helps guys like Albert meet and date the women of their dreams. Comedic hi-jinx ensue and everything falls apart for both men. But believe it or not, everything works out in the end. This isn't a great movie. I thought some of the dialogue was lame, and as much as I love Eva Mendez, her character in this film was annoying. The interplay between James and Smith was a lot of fun, and James' physical comedy is hilarious. If you haven't seen it before, watch it with a significant other. Of if you're single like me, watch it with a bunch of ice cream and then cry yourself into a sugar coma when its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment